Skip to main content

Why I Am A Sorority Girl?

As my godchild, niece or my other child or one of the other names that her mother and I have for her for her,   Allyson started her rush week at Bowling Green University, I began to feel the excitement for her and exploration of the process that she was going to undertake. It made me reminisce about my process and how I feel about my sorority, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. Here are my 10 reasons that I am a sorority girl...

  1. Sisterhood-- I have built lifelong friendship with several of the members of my sorority. Many of these ladies were in my wedding and even one is my daughters godmother. These friendships I know will sustain the end of time and I know that these ladies will be there when I need them.
  2. Community Service--I have the opportunity to serve my community through my sorority on a larger scale and make a larger impact. With this network of great women and as this years community service chair, it has pushed me to look for different programming as well as more sophisticated ways to serve to put Sigma and my chapter in a greater light in the community at large. 
  3. I look good in blue  and gold. 
  4. I love poodles.
  5. Support-My Sorority sisters back me up  and support in not only in chapter programs, but outside of sorority. I have had sorority sisters email check on Ms. G, just send me a text to check in on more, show up at one of my families annual 4th of July cookouts or just sent me a nice note. The support is beneficial in keeping and maintaining our relationship.
  6. Uniqueness-- I love the uniqueness of each one of my sorors. We are each different have different assets, characteristics and qualities. These differences assist us in being one in whole in thoughts and actions for the greater good. 
  7. I get to wear those fabulous Greek letters.
  8. Travel-- With all the conferences, regional meetings or just a weekend shopping trip with sorors, I have been able to see parts of the United States that I would not have been able to see.  These trips with my sisters are also bonding times, if it is just exploring a new city, having a good laugh in a our room at a conference or picking up a new purse in our sorority colors. 
  9. Leadership--Through my sorority I have obtained additional leadership skills, through trainings and conferences, that the information has been useful in other areas of my life. 
  10. Well because  ........ I  LOVE SIGMA GAMMA RHO!
These things make me a sorority girl and so much more. I hope that as Allyson starts her journey into greekdom that she builds some of the same feelings for her sorority, her chapter and her sorority sisters.  Are you a sorority girl? What do you love about your sorority?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.